Avolon is one of the leading global aircraft leasing firms providing lease and lease management services to airlines and aircraft investors worldwide. Our leadership team are experienced and respected with a proven track record in our industry. At Avolon, we are passionate about what we do and more importantly, how we do it. We boldly use our values of Transparency, Respect, Insightfulness, Bravery and Ebullience (TRIBE) to inform how we interact professionally and personally every day. This is what sets Avolon apart as a great place to work. The Role: A member of the Chief Risk Officer’s team reporting to the Head of Portfolio Management, the Vice President, Airline Analysis (APAC) will have primary responsibility for airline analysis engagements in the Asia Pacific region. Avolon’s Airline Analysis function creates and tells compelling data driven marketing stories to gain commercial advantage through insights. The role requires specialized knowledge of aircraft and engine assets, as well as airline network and fleet planning, paired with exceptional presentation skills. Airline Analysis has three key areas of responsibility: (1) Origination Support, (2) Credit Underwriting, and (3) Portfolio Management. Origination Support
- The Commercial Team will be Airline Analysis’ key internal customer.
- Airline Analysis will work with Originators, who hold primary relationship responsibility for airline customers, as a member of multi-disciplinary teams to market new and used aircraft to prospective lessees.
- Airline Analysis will support Trading when asset knowledge is required to develop opportunities with new trading counterparties.
- Airline Analysis will work closely with Counterparty Risk to support credit due diligence processes in circumstances that airline fleet and network planning analysis is required to assess the feasibility and profitability of lessees’ business plans.
- Airline Analysis will bring direct feedback from airline network and fleet planning teams into Avolon’s portfolio management process, proactively identifying asset risk to guide management decisions regarding asset acquisition and disposal strategies.
The Person: You will be driven, focussed, and resourceful as well as being an excellent relationship builder. You will always act with integrity and model your own behaviour to the highest standard. You will bring original thought, challenge and innovation to the role. You will represent Avolon in a transparent and honest manner setting a strong example for others to follow. You will be able to articulate complex concepts and put forward compelling arguments and rationales to all levels and audiences within Avolon and the industry. Essential Skills and Experience:
- Responsibility for developing compelling marketing stories in support of the placement of new and used commercial aircraft from Avolon’s portfolio with airlines in the Asia Pacific region.
- Developing product knowledge and expertise across all commercial aircraft and engine programs.
- Advising airlines in the Asia Pacific region on aircraft fleet decisions.
- Advising internal and external customers on the relative advantage and disadvantages of commercial aircraft and engine technical design attributes.
- Analysing airline schedule data, airline fleet data, aircraft economic data, aircraft performance data, and airline financial statements to develop customized marketing studies.
- Presenting customized marketing studies to airline fleet planning teams and C-level executives.
- Performing regional market studies in collaboration with Origination and Counterparty Risk on the competitive dynamics between airlines, assessing market opportunities for the placement for new and used aircraft with potential airline customers.
- Collaborating with the Market Analysis function within the Portfolio Management team to model the impact of key market dynamics within the Asia Pacific region on Avolon’s future market outlook.
- Building relationships across the network planning and fleet evaluation teams within select airlines, in collaboration with Originators who hold primary relationship responsibility for airline customers.
- Building relationships with OEM airline and product marketing teams in the Asia Pacific region.
- Providing support to Avolon Deal Teams, as required.
- Positioning Avolon as a thought leader within the commercial aviation industry.
- Regular travel to airlines, OEMs, conferences, and other events.
What else do you need to know? Please note that we will only accept applications that are made to us via our careers page at avolon.aero/careers. If you experience any difficulty when applying, please contact email@example.com. The closing date is 22nd January 2021 and may be subject to change. We encourage you to take this opportunity to submit your application as soon as possible. Avolon is an equal opportunities employer, which cultivates opinion, listens to all views with respect, recognises people based on their merits without bias and embraces diversity.
- Experience in an OEM marketing and/or airline strategy, fleet or network planning team.
- The successful candidate would typically have five or more years of professional experience with two or more years in a directly related role.
- Qualifications in the sciences, engineering, economics, and/or business.
- Strong analytical skills including demonstrated experience with airline economics, aircraft economics, airline network planning, and aircraft performance analysis.
- Exceptional Excel and PowerPoint skills. Experience using industry fleet and airline schedule data sources as well as aircraft performance software considered an asset.
- Team player that strives for ambitious outcomes and supports others.
- Interest in strategic thinking and competitive analysis. Brings a broad perspective and thinking to their role.
- Passion for the airline and commercial aircraft industry.
- Communicates with clarity. Strong presentation skills that portray compelling stories supported by solid data analysis.
- Knowledge of commercial aircraft and engine products. Role models technical expertise.
- Highly motivated self-starter who can take projects from inception to completion. Delivers with passion to customer expectations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain positive business relationships.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment.
- Excited about international travel, willing to travel 50% or more of time.