Avolon is one of the leading global aircraft leasing firms providing lease and lease management services to airlines and aircraft investors worldwide. Our leadership team are an experienced and respected team with a proven track record in our industry. At Avolon, we are passionate about what we do and more importantly, how we do it. We boldly use our values of Transparency, Respect, Insightfulness, Bravery and Ebullience (TRIBE) to inform how we interact professionally and personally every day. This is what sets Avolon apart as a great place to work.The Role:Avolon is appointing a Group Accountant to our Dublin office on a 12 month Specified Purpose Contract basis. The Group Accountant will work under the direction of the Finance Manager.Avolon’s Finance department is a fast-paced environment in a highly quantitative industry. This role will ensure that the Finance department will keep up with this growth and will primarily be concerned with supporting Group reporting and the co-ordination of Group compliance.Role responsibilities:Financial Reporting
The Person:The successful candidate should be curious and questioning. They should build robust solutions through gathering data and obtaining feedback. They should remain up to date with role-related technical developments. The successful candidate will manage, prioritise, track and deliver tasks for themselves and their team. They will also be proactive about change, striving for continuous improvement, using their outstanding communication skills to recognise alternative perspective. They will maximise information flow across the organisation by working across teams.Essential Skills and Experience:
- Participation in the preparation of Group Monthly management accounts, including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow;
- Facilitate and perform period close activities including Balance Sheet reconciliations review and approval. Perform variance analyses;
- Recommend any improvements in procedures etc to improve efficiency of completing tasks;
- Support data integrity and preparation of financial information to ensure completeness, accuracy, timeliness and accessibility of financial information;
- Support quarterly reporting to Parent Company;
- Providing certain accounting technical advice to the Company;
- Ad-hoc work as required by the Financial Controller.
What else do you need to know?
- Qualified ACA (1-2 years PQE);
- Aviation/Leasing and/or Sun Accounting exposure preferable;
- Excellent excel and modelling skills and ability to manage projects required.
Please note that we will only accept applications that are made to us via our careers page at avolon.aero/careers
. If you experience any difficulty when applying, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date is 8th January 2021. We encourage you to take this opportunity to submit your application as soon as possible.Avolon is an equal opportunities employer, which cultivates opinion, listens to all views with respect, recognises people based on their merits without bias and embraces diversity.