Avolon is one of the leading global aircraft leasing firms providing lease and lease management services to airlines and aircraft investors worldwide. Our leadership team are experienced and respected with a proven track record in our industry. At Avolon, we are passionate about what we do and more importantly, how we do it. We boldly use our values of Transparency, Respect, Insightfulness, Bravery and Ebullience (TRIBE) to inform how we interact professionally and personally every day. This is what sets Avolon apart as a great place to work.The Role:Avolon is seeking to hire a Senior Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst in our Dublin office. The successful candidate will report to the Head of FP&A, providing high quality information to enable the executive team to make key strategic decisions.Role responsibilities:Analysis
Communication of Reporting and analysis to the company
- Production of insightful data driven insights, to influence strategic analysis at the board/exco management level.
- Provide analysis at Exco/SMT level and other teams on the financial health and risks to the business.
- Linking corporate level analysis down to the transactions level to drive behaviours at a deal team level.
- Communicate in the appropriate style which identifies the key drivers and risks to the business.
- Synthesise disparate levels of data into a narrative which is clearly outlined and understood.
- Communication of business plan and outlining how the company is performing against it, in addition to the drivers of these variances.
Business Plans and Projections
- Continue and expand use of FPA models across the business, driving efficiencies and expanding the analytical capability of the company.
- Understand all the building blocks of the model and the interlinked nature of each of these blocks.
- Co creation of models with other members of the team.
- Produce business plans for shareholders and management.
- Corporate Finance models with detailed assumptions pack.
- Monthly updates to produce forecast using both adaptive insights and boomi.
- Preparation of monthly management reporting pack.
- Reconciliation of line items from the forecasted financial statements by MSN.
- Using a variety of methods, Power BI, A.I. to create and maintain dashboards to be shared with senior management.
- Prepare reports and send to relevant teams for the risk committees.
- Scenarios analyse for the risk committees.
- Stress testing.
- Lead cross functional projects signed off for approval by head of FPA, using both internal and external resources.
- Participate in the delivery of projects for further developments of models and analysis
- Build processes and controls to ensure projects are delivered and maintained in the operations of the company.
- Specific focus on investment grade metrics as well as operational and financial KPIs
- Link deal level metrics with corporate KPI’s
The above list is not exhaustive and due to the changing environment in the aviation and leasing sectors, responsibilities and projects may arise which become priority for the business and the department which are not listed above. The Person: The successful candidate will be an outlier in terms of mathematical ability and will be passionate about financial modelling and data analytics. They will be be comfortable dealing in complexity and have an analytic approach in dealing with this complexity. They will have a strong financial and quantitative mindset, but also possess intellectual agility to skip between the micro and macro. They will be eager to gain an in-depth knowledge of the business and the business plan and have the passion and ability to communicate that plan (both visually and orally) to different audiences throughout the business, as well as to influence strategy formulation and operational executive against that strategy.They will have a commercial outlook, across both the asset and liabilities side of the business and can identify trends and interdependencies of how these two side interact with each other. This will give them the tools to empower them to direct people and ideas in the right direction in the successful execution of Avolon's objectives. The successful candidate will be comfortable working within (and making improvements to) an already established model, as well as collating and understanding commercial inputs in order to objectively arrive at qualitative judgements and assumptions.Essential Skills and Experience:
- Liaise with BA team to ensure FP&A compliance with all internal controls
To apply:Please send your CV and cover letter or other supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is close of business on Friday, 26th February 2021.Avolon is an equal opportunities employer, which cultivates opinion, listens to all views with respect, recognises people based on their merits without bias and embraces diversity.
- Proven exceptional quantitative ability.
- Strong accountancy or financial qualification.
- Outstanding Financial modelling skills with at least three to five years’ quantitative/financial modelling experience.
- Have strong organisational, project management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Proven ability to problem-solve within tight deadlines.
- Experience working with Adaptive an advantage.
- Awareness of corporate level financial metrics and strategy.
- Exceptional academic track record.
- Adaptable communication style to adjust appropriately to the relevant audience.