Avolon is one of the leading global aircraft leasing firms providing lease and lease management services to airlines and aircraft investors worldwide. Our leadership team are an experienced and respected team with a proven track record in our industry. At Avolon, we are passionate about what we do and more importantly, how we do it. We boldly use our values of Transparency, Respect, Insightfulness, Bravery and Ebullience (TRIBE) to inform how we interact professionally and personally every day. This is what sets Avolon apart as a great place to work.
Avolon is appointing a Paralegal to our Dublin office. The Paralegal will work under the direction of a Transaction Lawyer while at Avolon for the purpose of executing the tasks and responsibilities associated with the role of Paralegal.
- Assisting and supporting the transaction lawyers in project managing transactions through documentation phase to contract signature and closing.
- Actively participating in and managing transaction closings, including document execution process and completion of all relevant conditions precedent.
- Ensuring that all documentation is completed to meet deadlines and in accordance with Avolon standards and guidelines.
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and agreeing ancillary documentation, such as lease amendments, side letters, conditions precedent and corporate approvals.
- Liaising where necessary with airlines, banks, aircraft buyers and sellers, manufacturers and maintenance providers.
- Co-ordinating and managing input from technical, credit, finance and commercial departments in due diligence process in aircraft trading transactions.
- Appointing and liaising with external legal counsel in all relevant jurisdictions
- Liaising with corporate service providers in various jurisdictions to establish and manage special purpose companies.
- General administrative support, where required (e.g. collation of signature pages, arranging board meetings, preparing transaction bibles, saving down documents, updating internal reports and coordinating billing arrangements with service providers).
You will be driven, focussed, and resourceful as well as being an excellent relationship builder with an innate ability to work collaboratively with members of the TRIBE. You will always act with integrity and model your own behaviour to the highest standard. You will represent Avolon in a transparent and honest manner setting a strong example for others to follow. You will be able to articulate complex concepts and put forward compelling arguments and rationales to all levels and audiences within Avolon and the industry.
Essential Skills and Experience:
What else do you need to know ?
- Relevant law or business degree/studies or equivalent experience
- At least two years’ experience working in a business or corporate environment
- Experience in drafting and reviewing legal documents (preferable)
- Commercial acumen and good attention to detail
- Previous experience of managing multiple relationships
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Extremely organised, efficient and able to manage a busy work-load
- Self-motivated and keen to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work under own initiative and take ownership of area of responsibility
- Excellent transaction and project management skills
Please note that we will only accept applications that are made to us via our website. If you experience any difficulty when applying, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is Friday, 9th April 2021.
Avolon is an equal opportunities employer, which cultivates opinion, listens to all views with respect, recognises people based on their merits without bias and embraces diversity.